Warm Weather Activities.. during the Cold of Winter
In the dead of winter, there are very few things to do for entertainment, unless of course y ou live in New York City. But even the most die-hard, born-and-bred, tried-and-true New Yorkers run out of ide as of warm activities to do indoors. Museum? Done that. IMAX? Seen it.
That’s why 212Access did some research for you and came up with the Top-10 things to do in the winter around New York City. Now, you have no excuse to spend the entire Sunday on your couch.
1. Chelsea Piers (23rd Street and the Hudson River New York, NY 10011)– Such a great venue, many thing to engage in from Ice staking, Bowling, Basketball, Day Spa , large training center for gymnastics , rock climbing wall, and dance studios.
2. Intrepid Museum (Pier 86 W 46th St and 12th Ave, New York, 10036) – This particular museum is perfect for children and adults. A baby sitter isn’t needed. The exhibits are historic but also allow people to honor fallen heroes and learn about the past. Be one of the close to a million visitors the museums received every year.
3. Taglialatella Galleries (231 10th Avenue New York, NY 10011) – A nice get-a-way from the world the artwork will take you on an adventure. The works are from various artists but the inventory is extensive it shall not disappoint.
4. Jacob Javitz Convention Center- (655 West 34th Street New York, NY 10001) Believe it or not, Javitz can be a must-see on weekends with their rotating exhibits and shows. The New York International Auto Show is in April, which is every voyeur and car lover’s dream. And just in case you don’t like cars, continue to check out the Javitz calendar because every weekend there are cool exhibits and shows.
5. Classes – New York City is full of lessons, and believe it or not, people teach it for a living. Want to take a cooking class? It’s happening this weekend. Want to be a wine connoisseur, there are classes for that. Want to make pottery or create your own “Ghost” moment, it’s happening in Soho. Want to be a bartender or teach yoga? Yup, classes for those too. Just google what you want to learn and sign up.
6. Radio City Music Hall (1260 6 Avenue New York, NY 10020) – This theatre has a magical feeling to it might be the millions of people that have passed through the facilities, the assortment of musicians, actors and premiere of movies. It’s known as the American people palace sounds like this would be worth the trip.
7. Nexflix – You will be required to make a subscription to become a member and we don’t like that they raised prices on us but it’s still a good, cheap form of entertainment in the dead of winter. Nexflix allows you to watch shows as well as movies on severe cold nights this will benefit greatly. Having access to a wide range of entertainment can never go wrong. Pop some popcorn, invite friends over and make it a movie night. Extra bonus points if you have a working fireplace.
8. Equinox (Various Locations) – Yes, the gym makes sense for this season get toned before summer hits. It’s not just a gym equinox features luxurious spas, exclusive boutiques and cafes. It’s like a vacation to another city without the cost. So you’re short on cash? Walk inside and ask them for a guest pass and you can get a free work-out. Over twenty-five location is New York no excuses not to get in shape.
9. New York Comedy Festival – Mark your calendar it’s early in the season so you might miss it. A great way to relieve stress and hear class act performance, don’t forget your sense of humor.
10. Trump Wollman Rink (Central Park) – The only time during the year when you can ice stake take advantage before the season is transitions. Great for pros of beginners the atmosphere is welcoming and joyous.